November 24, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V731000
A broken driveshaft could result in parts detaching and becoming a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V731
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 4
Bugatti will notify owners, and dealers will replace rear left-hand driveshaft, free of charge. The recall began December 18, 2020. Owners may contact Bugatti customer service at 1-703-826-7545. Bugatti’s number for this recall is BUGCR032.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
heck if your Bugatti Vehicle has a Recall
Bugatti Chiron & Divo
2. VIN range
– List at the end of the document
3. Market Region
|North America ☐||Middle East ☐||Europe ☐||Japan ☐|
4. TPI object
The rear left drive shaft has to be replaced.
The rear left drive shaft has to be replaced with the last parts index.
This replacement can only be performed by a Service Partner of Excellence
Comply with the vehicle preparation measures for maintenance and repair procedures. Refer to the official Workshop Manual, “General instructions about the vehicle”.
If in any doubt regarding this procedure, contact your Bugatti regional service manager.
6. Required parts
|Rear left drive shaft||584501051L||lx|
|Screw||WHT 002 046||lx|
|Screw||WHT 007 534||2x|
|Screw||WHT 001 474||2x|
|Washer||WHT 007 521||2x|
|Nut||N 909 429 02||2x|
|Nut||N 104 355 06||3x|
|Nut||N 101 064 03||lx|
– Comply with the instructions in the chapter “General instructions” → page 27.
– Following the workshop manual instruction for every operation
– Cleanliness must be ensured all along the procedure to avoid foreign bodies to enter the
- Replace the rear left drive shaft according to the workshop manual (Workshop manual –> chassis)
- Performed the Chassis alignment (Workshop manual ->chassis)
- Performed a test drive according to the test drive check list
|Wheel shaft replacement and chassis alignment||BUGCR032F||7 hrs|
2 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V731-3104
Safety Bulletin – RedactedRCSB-20V731-2517
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V731-2795
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Partner Notification re Defect Recall Rear Left Hand Driveshaft Bugatti Chiron/Divo + Model YearRCMN-20V731-0447
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V731-1496
Latest Recalls Documents
- Protects Against Severe Temperatures To Help Extend Service Life
- Formulated With Extreme-Pressure Additives To Minimize Gear Wear From Shock Loads
- Helps Protect Against Gear Wear From Scuffing, Scouring, Corrosion And Pitting
- Recommended For Conventional Hypoid Differentials And Non-Synchronized Manual Transmissions In Passenger Cars, Light Trucks, Sport Utility Vehicles, Vans And Heavy-Duty Trucks Where An Api-Gl5 Or Gl-4 Fluid Is Specified
- Affordable Solutions
- Provides rust protection
- Ideal for shock loading applications
- Can be used in limited slip differentials
- Contains special anti-wear and lubricity agents
- Helps to control heat
- Excellent for high performance and heavy-duty applications
- Fit Type: Universal
- PERFORMANCE – Used in shaft drive or separate clutch transmissions for optimum performance and gear longevity
- PROTECTION – Provides maximum gear protection against wear, corrosion, and oxidation all while maintaining optimum performance
- PEACE OF MIND – Meets or exceeds API GL-5 / MT-1 & SAE J236
- HARSH CONDITIONS – Protects against harsh conditions wearing the surface of the gears
- FITS EVERYTHING – For use in shaft drive or separate clutch transmission applications
- WIDEST SPEC RANGE ON THE MARKET: widely compatible with a very large number of hypoid gear systems, differentials, transmissions and axle assemblies.
- SEVERE SERVICE MAX: Exceptional shear stability and oxidation resistance. Polyphosphate EP proprietary additive system offers substantial improvement in performance over previous generation, low cost, gear oils
- BUILT IN LIMTED SLIP ADDITIVE - Does not require "additional" LS additive. Its built into the product, optimized for all limited slip differentials, including those with built in wet brakes.
- OUTSTANDING SCUFFING PROTECTION - Superb gear and syncron protection, facilitating extremely long transmission life. Exceeds Load Stage 13 extreme pressure requirements beyond 120,000 lbs / sqi.
- SHEAR STABLE - Excellent thermal stability and high load capacity without viscosity breakdown, facilitates excellent film strength under high loads, high temp and high shear conditions.
- Formulated to protect against corrosion and excessive wear
- Improved emulsifiers protect gears should water enter the gear housing
- Designed for outboard applications below 75 HP
- Special additives protect gears from metal to metal contact.Exclusive formulation helps improve film adhesion to gears
- 25W-40 viscosity
- Meets American Petroleum Institute (API) GL-5 specifications for use in severe conditions
- Meets General Motors Specification No. 9985182 meaning that the fluid meets a wide range of external and internal specifications including SAE J306
- Meets ASTM STP-512A meaning that the lubricant resists deposit formation and assists in protecting against rippling, ridging, pitting, or spalling
- 80W90 Conventional Oil
- Standard Gear Oil for Most Applications
- ✅ Extended gear and bearing life due minimal deposits.
- ✅ Exceptional thermal stability and resistance to high temperature oxidation.
- ✅ Longer seal life.
- ✅ Increased load carrying capability.
- ✅ Reduced maintenance cost and longer equipment life.
Last update on 2022-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.