April 8, 2016 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 16V200000
The inaccurate gauge may cause a driver to unexpectedly run out of fuel and the vehicle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V200
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 72
Bugatti is recalling certain model year 2006-2010 Veyron vehicles manufactured March 10, 2006, to January 17, 2010 and 2010-2011 Veyron Grand Sport vehicles manufactured September 29, 2009, to June 30, 2010. In the affected vehicles, the fuel tank gauge may indicate that there is more fuel in the tank than there actually is.
Bugatti will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank control unit and upgrade the software, free of charge. The recall began on May 23, 2016. Owners may contact Bugatti at 1-805-557-1050.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Tank Control Unit
VIN range :
Contact your Bugatti regional service manager
Fuel tank control unit requires replacement with later version.
Fuel tank indicator can show a higher fuel level than the actual level of fuel in the tank.
A new control unit with revised software has been introduced to supply the correct signals from the level sensors.
Comply with the vehicle preparation measures for maintenance and repair procedures. Refer to the official Workshop Manual, Page 18 “General instructions about the vehicle”
If in any doubt regarding this procedure, contact your Bugatti regional service manager.
- Remove centre console armrest (1)
- Remove the passenger side rear wall trim
- Loosen the lower passenger rear wall trim ‐1‐ using a dismounting wedge (e.g. ‐3409‐), in direction of travel ‐arrows‐.
- Pull the lower rear wall trim‐2‐ in direction of travel –arrows to loosen the trim elements.
- Remove the trim ‐1‐ and ‐2‐ upwards in direction of arrow A‐.
- Remove rear wall compartments (1)
- Open the flap for the tray with the button on the rear wall.
- Unclip the floor compartments ‐2‐ from the tray with a dismounting wedge
- Pull the rear wall compartments ‐1‐ out of the tray.
- Centre rear wall trim loosing
- Use a dismounting wedge (e.g. ‐3409‐) to lever out the retaining clips ‐2‐.
- Open the cover ‐4‐ of the tray ‐5‐.
- Unscrew the fastening bolts ‐7‐ and fastening nuts ‐6‐ in the tray ‐5‐.
- Unscrew the fastening bolts ‐3‐ in the centre wall trim
- Unscrew the fastening bolts ‐1‐ in the monocoque
- Gently pull the passenger side of centre rear wall to access the Tank control unit and unplug it.
Passenger side view of the monocoque without interior trim
- Unscrew the 2 nuts with 10mm socket
Passenger side view of the Tank Control Unit (while pulling centre rear wall)
- Remove the Tank Control Unit
- Install the new Tank control Unit 5B0906020 B (Software version V 3.03) and screw the 2 nuts carefully (approx. 1Nm)
- Connect the new Tank Control Unit
- Install the centre rear wall trim
Installation is in reverse order of removal.
- Tighten fastening Bolts ‐7‐ to 4,5Nm tightening torque
- Tighten mounting nuts ‐6‐ to 3 Nm tightening torque
- Tighten fastening Bolts ‐1‐ to 1 Nm tightening torque
- Tighten the retaining clips and check for firm seat (All clips must be replaced)
- Tighten fastening Bolts ‐3‐ to 1 Nm tightening torque
- Install the rear wall compartment, passenger side rear wall trim and the centre console armrest
- End of procedure
|Operation||Defect Code||Repair Code||Time|
|Tank control unit replacement||BUGVR5/1||1 hr|
7 Affected Products
|BUGATTI||VEYRON GRAND SPORT||2010-2011|
15 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-16V200-6935
Part 577 Owner Notification Envelope
Defect 573 ReportRCLRPT-16V200-6022
Recall 573 Report – Amendment 2
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2RCLQRT-16V200-4813
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3RCLQRT-16V200-1642
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2RCLQRT-16V200-5003
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4RCLQRT-16V200-1816
Recall Quarterly Report #7, 2017-4
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3RCLQRT-16V200-3183
Recall Quarterly Report #8, 2018-1RCLQRT-16V200-7058
Recall Quarterly Report #11, 2018-4
Recall Quarterly Report #9, 2018-2RCLQRT-16V200-6592
Recall Quarterly Report #10, 2018-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- Cleans, restores, protects the entire fuel system (fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers)
- Restores: Lost power, acceleration, lost fuel economy, and operation of the fuel gauge sensor
- Reduces: Rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- Improves: Cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
- The more an engine is driven, the more carbon deposits can build up on fuel injectors, intake valves and ports
- Gumout High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner is specially formulated to remove carbon deposits from engines with more than 75,000 miles
- Cleans fuel injectors, intake valves and ports to restore performance, fuel economy and prevents future carbon build-up, which reduces emissions
- Oxygen sensor safe and safe for use in turbocharged and supercharged vehicles
- Recommended use every 3,000 miles and will not void OEM/manufacturer’s warranty
- Two 5.25 fl oz bottles of STP High Mileage Fuel Injector & Carburetor Cleaner Treatment
- Fuel treatment additives help remove deposit buildups to save gas
- Friction modifier in the fuel additive combats upper cylinder friction
- STP fuel injector cleaner can help prevent hard stops, lost acceleration and rough idling for improved performance
- Jet fuel serves as the carrier for the active ingredients, creating a high-quality additive for easy auto care
- RESTORES PERFORMANCE: Fuel injector cleaner cleans entire fuel system to help restore lost engine power
- INCREASED RESPONSIVENESS: Helps restore lost acceleration and throttle body response
- REDUCES CARBON DEPOSITS: Injector cleaner helps remove carbon buildup for increased power and acceleration
- SAFE ON ALL ENGINES: Specially formulated for direct injected or traditional fuel injected engines
- TREATS A FULL TANK: Formulated to treat up to 21 gallons of gasoline
- Lucas fuel treatment is formulated for both gasoline and diesel engines, carbureted or fuel injected
- Use it to pass smog tests. Finally, it totally neutralizes the harmful effects of low sulfur diesel fuel.
- Tan color
- 1 Quart
- High quality carrier of active ingredients
- Safe for all gasoline engines
- Unclogs dirty fuel injectors
- Made with jet fuel
- Made in USA
- Restores fuel economy
- Stabilizes ethanol
- Maximizes horsepower
- Improves responsiveness
- For use in both gasoline and diesel engines
- DESIGNED TO EXCEED EXPECTATIONS: Red Line complete SI-1 fuel system cleaner treatment for cleaning and preventing corrosion in fuel systems
- PERFORM AND PROTECT: Fuel additive cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a powerful, concentrated blend of high-temp and low-temp detergents
- EFFICIENT FUEL BURN: Gas treatment that enhances gasoline stability, while reducing the build up of gum and varnish formation
- EASY TO USE: Use one bottle per tank for most effective treatment, additive cleans nearly 100% efficiency in one treatment
- Eliminates starting problems, hesitation and stalling
- Smoother idling
- Better throttle response
- Cleaner combustion
Last update on 2022-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.