The inaccurate gauge may cause a driver to unexpectedly run out of fuel and the vehicle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Bugatti is recalling certain model year 2006-2010 Veyron vehicles manufactured March 10, 2006, to January 17, 2010 and 2010-2011 Veyron Grand Sport vehicles manufactured September 29, 2009, to June 30, 2010.
In the affected vehicles, the fuel tank gauge may indicate that there is more fuel in the tank than there actually is.
The recall began on May 23, 2016. Owners may contact Bugatti at 1-805-557-1050.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Tank Control Unit
VIN range :
Contact your Bugatti regional service manager
Fuel tank control unit requires replacement with later version.
Fuel tank indicator can show a higher fuel level than the actual level of fuel in the tank.
A new control unit with revised software has been introduced to supply the correct signals from the level sensors.
Comply with the vehicle preparation measures for maintenance and repair procedures. Refer to the official Workshop Manual, Page 18 “General instructions about the vehicle”
If in any doubt regarding this procedure, contact your Bugatti regional service manager.
- Remove centre console armrest (1)
- Remove the passenger side rear wall trim
- Loosen the lower passenger rear wall trim ‐1‐ using a dismounting wedge (e.g. ‐3409‐), in direction of travel ‐arrows‐.
- Pull the lower rear wall trim‐2‐ in direction of travel –arrows to loosen the trim elements.
- Remove the trim ‐1‐ and ‐2‐ upwards in direction of arrow A‐.
- Remove rear wall compartments (1)
- Open the flap for the tray with the button on the rear wall.
- Unclip the floor compartments ‐2‐ from the tray with a dismounting wedge
- Pull the rear wall compartments ‐1‐ out of the tray.
- Centre rear wall trim loosing
- Use a dismounting wedge (e.g. ‐3409‐) to lever out the retaining clips ‐2‐.
- Open the cover ‐4‐ of the tray ‐5‐.
- Unscrew the fastening bolts ‐7‐ and fastening nuts ‐6‐ in the tray ‐5‐.
- Unscrew the fastening bolts ‐3‐ in the centre wall trim
- Unscrew the fastening bolts ‐1‐ in the monocoque
- Gently pull the passenger side of centre rear wall to access the Tank control unit and unplug it.
- Unscrew the 2 nuts with 10mm socket
- Remove the Tank Control Unit
- Install the new Tank control Unit 5B0906020 B (Software version V 3.03) and screw the 2 nuts carefully (approx. 1Nm)
- Connect the new Tank Control Unit
- Install the centre rear wall trim
Installation is in reverse order of removal.
- Tighten fastening Bolts ‐7‐ to 4,5Nm tightening torque
- Tighten mounting nuts ‐6‐ to 3 Nm tightening torque
- Tighten fastening Bolts ‐1‐ to 1 Nm tightening torque
- Tighten the retaining clips and check for firm seat (All clips must be replaced)
- Tighten fastening Bolts ‐3‐ to 1 Nm tightening torque
- Install the rear wall compartment, passenger side rear wall trim and the centre console armrest
- End of procedure
|Operation||Defect Code||Repair Code||Time|
|Tank control unit replacement||BUGVR5/1||1 hr|
April 2016 Revision 1
Owner Notification Envelope
April 12, 2016